Having a pet can add a lot of joy to your life. Pets make us laugh and find their way into our hearts. And in turn, we shower them with love. Whether you are the owner of a cat or a dog, they are like a part of your family, and you want the best for your fur baby!
Part of maintaining your cat’s or dog’s well-being is ensuring he is regularly groomed. Professional grooming is not only for keeping your pet looking neat. It can also detect health issues that may be hiding in matted hair, causing discomfort for your pet. We employ skilled groomers who have expertise working with cats and dogs.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING GROOMING?
When you bring your dog into Danville Family Vet for dog grooming, he receives a comprehensive treatment that includes brushing his coat, bathing, brushing his teeth, and clipping his nails. The groomer will make sure there are no problems with his ears or skin and give him an expert trim.
We care a lot about our clients so we make sure to use Fear Free tactics:
BENEFITS OF PROFESSIONAL GROOMING
Dog grooming can be an extensive process. Trying to do it on your own can be time-consuming and frustrating, especially if you have a puppy that wants to play or an adult dog who finds it difficult to remain still. Enlisting the services of a professional groomer can make your experience and that of your dog more enjoyable. Groomers also:
- Receive specialized training that allows them to look for potential signs of trouble that you, as the owner, may miss
- Have grooming tools appropriate for your dog
- Allow drop off of your dog, so it is convenient for your schedule
- Handle unpleasant grooming aspects like tick and flea removal
Although cats are rather self-sufficient in the grooming department, professional cat grooming is beneficial for felines as well. During a professional cat grooming session, your cat will:
- Get brushed and bathed
- Have ticks and fleas removed, if present
- Get her nails trimmed
- Have her ears cleaned
- Address any fur that may be matted
- Bathe your dog at least once every three months
- Regularly brush your dog’s fur
- Daily brush your dog’s teeth
- Frequently inspect your dog’s ears and eyes to check for possible issues
- Check your dog’s paws often to ensure there are no lacerations or foreign objects stuck in them
- Bathe your cat if she gets dirty (as needed)
- Brush your cat’s fur a couple of times a week
- Routinely inspect your cat’s skin for any changes
- Regularly examine your cat’s paws to ensure they are free of wounds or strange objects
- Frequently inspect your cat’s eyes and ears for signs of potential health concerns
- Check your cat’s teeth and brush them with cat toothpaste
Meet our Groomers at Family Vet:
If you are looking for a facility that does dog and cat grooming in Danville, VA, consider Danville Family Vet. They are a full-service veterinary hospital that offers a wide array of amenities, including professional dog and cat grooming.
Contact us for dog and cat grooming
You can call us at (434) 836-2499 or visit us at 280 Piney Forest Rd., Danville, VA 24540.
The Danville Family Vet Advantage
Because Danville Family Vet is a pet hospital that is staffed with veterinarians, there are several advantages to bringing your pet in for dog or cat grooming.
- Can provide medication to your dog to aid in stress management during the grooming process
- Vaccination protocols at a veterinary office ensure your pet is protected from contagious diseases
- Your pet can receive grooming services, a check-up, and vaccinations all in one location
- If your pet has special medical needs, you can be sure he will be well taken care of since a veterinarian is on-site
- Your pet can take breaks and enjoy treats during his stay at the office
If your pet has never been professionally groomed before or you are searching for a dog grooming service in Danville, consider Danville Family Vet. Through our excellence in veterinary care, we are dedicated to happy humans and happy and healthy pets. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or check out our dog boarding facility. We would love to welcome you, and your furry loved one to our family!