Who We Are
Family Vet is a small animal hospital in Danville, VA also serving South Boston, Va, Martinsville, Va and Reidsville, NC. We believe that pets are an important part of our family and we pride ourselves on making the experience enjoyable for you and your pet. We are leaders in the fields of behavioral medicine and dentistry and of course, we offer complete veterinary services including internal medicine, pet blood work, general pet surgery, pet dental services and preventive care. We also have an experienced pet grooming services and doggy day care.
About Danville Virginia
Danville is a wonderful city to call home. It is close to mountains and ocean, shopping and farmland. The city is in the midst of a renaissance with a revitalized downtown River District and growing technology-based economy. The cost of living is very favorable with a beautiful collection of historic homes and new loft apartments.
Who We Are Looking For
We strive to give outstanding care and are looking for people who get satisfaction out of doing a great job. If you are just looking for a job and not a career, this is probably not the place for you. Experience is optional, but you must have a passion for animals. We’re looking for a full-time veterinarian that is analytical, detail oriented, full of personality, and is looking to thrive under the wing of Dr. Smith as he mentors and teaches you all he has learned throughout his 20+ year career.
- DVM or equivalent required with licensure in Virginia.
- Looking for a long-term career, not a short-term job.
- Perform or be an active part in surgery including orthopedics.
- Perform veterinary dentistry including dental radiography.
- Must have humility and willing to learn in a fun and friendly environment.
- Must be able to think outside the box and offer new ideas and services.
- You must love people and have a passion for animals.
- Enjoy competitive salary and benefits package.
- Relocation compensation
- Work a flexible schedule and develop advanced skills in surgery and medicine under the mentorship of Dr. Smith and the whole team.
- Work with top notch staff in a collaborative team.
- Work within and exceed AAHA standards of excellence.
- Learn and Practice Cat Friendly techniques.
- Become Fear Free Certified and be an active part in improving with our completely Fear Free Certified team.
- Work in a modern facility. See it on Danville Family Vet on YouTube.